BLAZE has teamed up with 24th National BBQ Week (25-31 May) to encourage the nation to join together and donate for charity, in a BBQ-ing charity event, BARBI FOR BRITAIN.
To bring even more sizzle to National BBQ Week the and help the nation get fired up in lockdown, BLAZE is raising the steaks with the exclusive UK premiere of the hugely popular cooking competition series Fire Masters BBQ Wars.
BARBI FOR BRITAIN
National BBQ Week, one of the year’s most loved celebration dates, is back for its 24th year with a change in focus, launching BARBI for BRITAIN to raise much-needed funds for our pandemic heroes.
Launching on the Spring Bank Holiday, National BBQ Week will run until 31st May, starting with BARBI for BRITAIN on Monday 25th May 2020.
This year the Week which encourages Better BBQing & Gastro Grilling each year is putting its weight into supporting, saluting and raising funds for the NHS, Care Homes, Frontline & Supermarket Staff (the unsung heroes) working so hard for all our benefit during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The National BBQ Week team is encouraging families, couples, and housemates across the country to BARBI for BRITAIN by involving their whole household and hosting a BBQ from their own garden.
What you need to take part
- Visit www.nationalbbqweek.co.uk for Barbi inspiration, fact & stats, tips & advice, including a special Barbi’s in Lockdown Guide, plus recipes.
- BARBI for BRITAIN, do your bit, hold a BBQ in your garden with your household – involve the kids and get together for cooking, eating and fun
- Video or photograph the event, and between 25th – 31st May, share to National BBQ Week’s social media channels using #BarbiforBritain to salute your heroes telling us why you are grateful.
- Donate to www.fareshare.org.uk or www.nhstogether.co.uk which you can also do via www.nationalbbqweek.co.uk
- Watch the Fire Masters – BBQ Wars every night throughout the Week on Blaze tv Ch.63
The Grill Master Brian George
The GrillMaster, Brian George, BBQ Guru at the National BBQ Week Headquarters, said:
'This year we are running the campaign to focus on thanking those who are doing everything they can to make sure we are all looked after.\
'We want the nation to come together for a great day saluting shop and supermarket workers, those in hospitals and anyone going out of their way to keep services going. Involve the kids, your spouse and anyone who lives in your household to join in with the cooking, eating and fun in the garden.
'Throughout the week, we will be driving #BarbiforBritain to encourage the nation to ‘come together’ for the biggest BBQ efforts in history, then for us all to donate to www.groceryaid.org.uk or www.nhstogether.co.uk which you can also do via www.nationalbbqweek.co.uk.'